Hair Transplant New Jersey | Frequently Asked Questions
1 . How many hair grafts will I need?
The amount of hair needed depends on the amount of hair lost and your expectations. The "Norwood Scale" below will help determine the extent of your hair loss and the approximate amount of hair you will need. When you come in for a consultation, Dr. Sandhu will discuss with you, your needs and what can be done.
2. How much does it cost to get a Neograft hair transplant procedure?
The cost for having a hair transplant procedure done using the Neograft system is more than the strip method because it is more time intensive and is done without sutures or scars. The cost depends on the amount of hair loss and the required number of hair grafts transplanted. You and Dr. Sandhu will have a pre-surgery consultation to find out what is right for you and to discuss the cost involved.
3 . How long is the Neograft procedure?
The length of your procedure will depend on the amount of hair to be transplanted. In your pre-surgery consultation with Dr. Sandhu, you’ll be given an approximate time frame for your surgery.
4. What are the risks and side effects of getting a hair transplant?
Like with any procedure, the risk of infection is the main concern. However, we do provide multiple steps to help minimize and nearly eliminate this risk. Side effects include very minimal pain, swelling, redness or slight bleeding with most people returning to work the next day.
5. What results can I expect from my hair transplant procedure?
Hair transplant results are permanent.
6. How long is hair transplant recovery time?
Traditional hair transplants require surgery and significant recovery time, but the NeoGraft system offers a way to help doctors restore hair to balding areas in both men and women more efficiently and less invasively.
7. Is hair transplantation covered by insurance?
Because of the cosmetic nature of hair transplantation, insurance is usually not involved. We do however offer patient financing through Springstone Financial.
8. How much pain or discomfort will I feel after my hair transplant?
After the Neograft hair transplant, some minor discomfort and pain will be felt, and can be controlled with doctor-prescribed pain medication if needed.
9. Will I be given any anesthesia?
The hair transplant anesthesia used is local anesthesia.
10. Is hair transplant surgery an inpatient or outpatient procedure?
11. What are other names for hair transplant procedures?
Hair restoration, Hair Transplant, hair replacement, Follicular Unit Extraction, FUE, Automated FUE